Professor Yedidyah Langsam
PC Lab's Staff
Yedidyah Langsam, Ph.D., AEMT-P
Professor & Chairman
2004 -2006 Murray Koppelman Professor
phone: (718) 951-5657
fax: (718) 645-2092
address: Department of Computer & Information Science
2900 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11210
Principal Research Interests
- Computer Science Education for STEM students
- Use of Robotics in Computer Science Education
- Medical Informatics
- Multimedia Enhanced Distance Learning
- Hypermedia Systems
- Implementation of efficient data-structures on microcomputers
- A. Tenenbaum and Y. Langsam, A 31-Year Record of CS Enrollment at a Single Urban Public Institution,
Proceedings of the WORLDCOMP'14 - The 2014 International Conference on Frontiers in Education: Computer Science and Computer Engineering, July 2014,
- A. Delman, A. Ishak, L. Goetz, M. Kunin, Y. Langsam and T. Raphan, Development of a System for Teaching CS1 in C/C++ With
Lego NXT Robots", Proceedings of the WORLDCOMP'10 - The 2010 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing, July 2010,
- Y. Langsam and T. Raphan, Science Appplications for an Introductory Programming Course, Author's Website, 2010
- A. Delman, L. Goetz, Y. Langsam, and T. Raphan, Development of a System For Teaching C/C++ Using Robots in the first CS1 Course Using Open Source Software", Proceedings of the WORLDCOMP'09 - The 2009 World Congress in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Applied Computing, July 2009
- A. Delman, L. Goetz, Y. Langsam, and T. Raphan, Programming the LEGO™ Mindstorms Robot Using C++, Code::Blocks, BrickOS and the BrickEMU - CPlusVEBot: C++ Virtual Environment for Programming Robots, 2009
- C. Mussa and Yedidyah Langsam, “An Exploratory Study of the Management and Processing of Respiratory Care Information in Respiratory Care Departments”, Respiratory Care, 52(6), June 2007
- Y. Langsam, Workbook for C++, Pearson Press, 2007; 3rd Edition 2009
- G. Foltin, MD, M. Tunik, MD, J. Curran, MD, L. Marshall, MD, J. Bove, MD, R. VanAmerongen, MD, A. Cherson, DO, Y. Langsam, PhD, B. Kaufman, MD, G.Asaeda, MD, D. Gonzalez, MD, A. Cooper, MD, “Pediatric Nerve Agent Poisoning: Medical and Operational Considerations for Emergency Medical Services in a Large American City”, Pediatric Emergency Care, April 2006, 22(4):239-44
- C. Mussa and Y. Langsam, “Is Respiratory Care Informatics a Legitimate Area of Study Within the Science of Respiratory Care?,” Proceedings of the 50th International Respiratory Congress of the American Association for Respiratory Care, New Orleans, December 6, 2004.
- Y. Langsam, A. Tenenbaum, and M. Augenstein, Data Structures Using Java, Prentice-Hall, 2003; Solutions Manual & Instructor’s Guide for Data Structures Using Java: An Object Oriented Approach, Prentice-Hall, 2003
- Y. Langsam, Workbook for C, Brooklyn College Press, 1996; Prentice-Hall, 1996.
- C. Capozzi, C. L. and Y. Langsam, Solutions Manual - Data Structures Using C and C++, Prentice-Hall, 1998.
- Y. Langsam, M. Augenstein and A. Tenenbaum, Data Structures Using C and C++, Prentice-Hall, 1996; Spanish edition, 1997.
- A. Tenenbaum, Y. Langsam and M. Augenstein, Data Structures Using C, Prentice-Hall, 1990 (alternate selection Computer Science Book of the Month Club); Korean edition, 1992; Spanish edition, 1993, Portuguese edition, 1995.
- D. T. Langendoen and Y. Langsam, "A New Method of Representing Constituent
Structures", in The Uses of Linguistics, E. Bendix, ed., New York Academy of Sciences, 583, May 25, 1990.
Gallery of Images
Return to top